Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Baptisms are great!

Well family,  life's just going great over here in Japan.  We're not really teaching anyone at the moment, just working on finding people.  We've done a lot of streeting, which is when we go out and just try to stop people and talk to people on the streets.  Our technique has changed a lot from day to day...we're trying to figure out the best approach.  Do we yell "sumimasen! (excuse me) watashitachi wa 'Matsu Jitsu Seito Iesu Kirisuto kyokai' no borantia senkyoshi to imasu!" (We're the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints"..or do we go for a more sly approach 'suteki wanpisu! doko ni kaimashita ka? watashitachi wa Amerika kara kimashita!' (pretty dress! where did you buy it? We're from America!) We're still working on it, might even have our zone leaders come in and help us out a little.
We did have a lesson with a woman yesterday who met with missionaries about a year ago.  We found her through the area book and are hopefully going to be able to meet with her more!  
Eva got baptized!  It was an amazing meeting, and she has such a strong testimony and faith in Jesus Christ. I can't wait to see their whole family get baptized and sealed in the temple for eternity!  It would be so amazing to witness that.  I love Eva and Catherine!  I'm so excited for them!
I think I need to start loving dendou (missionary work) a little more, it really is an amazing work the Lord is allowing me to do.  I get to share my testimony every day, study scriptures every day, see miracles every day!  I don't want to waste this next year, I want to change lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment